Sunday, June 08, 2008

How to Get Sunburned in Six Simple Steps

Speaking as a very red person right now, I think I will detail my fantastic day yesterday all while explaining (with pictures) how to get a fantastically painful sunburn.

1) Find a sunny place to spend your day.
Check; we went to the Grand Rapids Festival of the Arts for about five hours. It was a bright sunny 90-degree day. And there was very little shade.











2) Walk around a lot.

Check; we went to three different venues and traveled back and forth between them multiple times.
We also saw this really freaky lady.









3) Sit in direct sun as much as possible.

Please note the excessive sun in the picture. This was our third venue of the day.

By the way, I swear these dancers were doing a salute to High School Musical.








4) Wear tank-tops so as much of your body can be burned as possible.

We look cute and are opening ourselves up to getting burned.











5) Stand in lines as much as possible.


Don't we look happy? Here we are standing in line waiting to get henna tattoos.















6) Love every moment of it.


We loved the day. And we got some great bonding time out of it.

Here you can really see the burn beginning on Nicole. Mine is slightly visible but it didn't really become obvious until we got home and my camera batteries died so we didn't really get a chance to document it.












But next week, I'll be back with "How to Enjoy St. Louis." And maybe then we'll be able to see my redness. Or maybe we'll see me as a tan goddess.
Check in next week for my last post from Grand Rapids.

No comments: