Friday, May 09, 2008

At long last...

For the past several weeks, I have been stressing out about one thing. I had yet to receive my formal acceptance into la Universidad de Deusto in Bilbao, Spain. I'd been accepted into the program here at GVSU, but not in Spain. I had hit the point where my prayers went something like "Jesus, make me more like you. And could I please get my letter from Spain ASAP? Help me to become a strong holy woman of God and get into the University of Deusto..." I think you get the general idea.
I was so worried/stressed that this morning, I had my housemate Christina check my email for me. I knew the acceptance letter would be coming soon and I knew it would be coming to my email. But I couldn't handle one more day that dejected, rejected feeling of checking my email in the morning and seeing nothing from Spain. And then Christina opened my email account and said, "So, do you want me to read the email to you?" She started reading it to me and then she let me look at it. It was an amazingly peaceful moment.
So now I'm filling out the questionnaire for family housing. I'm hoping to live with a family; maybe even a Catholic family but that's probably too much to ask. But I'll keep praying. It probably won't be prayers along the lines of "Father, make me a strong, holy woman of God and please let me live with a Catholic family."
Pero, ahora, estoy feliz con el hecho que puedo asistir la Universidad de Deusto.

1 comment:

D.Cous. said...

I stayed with a "Catholic" family while studying in France a few years ago. It didn't mean that they went to mass, though. I can't complain, they were wonderful, but I did think it a little funny that they said they were "Catholic." Felicitations!